Monday, March 24, 2008

Seeing

Being able to see without glasses is quite strange. While my vision it not yet perfect (takes a few weeks for it to stabilize and even after that I may need an enhancement), without my glasses I can see computer clock from across the room, I can see all the dust on the floor (ugh), I can see that the trees are budding.

My eyes are still dry and unfortunately this could continue for a few weeks/months. It's one of the side effects of the surgery. The dryness has greatly improved in the past few days thankfully.

What else? My friend Janine and I went to the big newish mall in Istanbul. It was quite a bizarre experience. It was like being in the US - Gap, Nine West, Banana Republic (coming soon!), etc. Everyone looked rich and American. The food court was obscenely expensive, although we did manage to find some awesome Chinese noodles for an excellent price. I got a pair of sunglasses as protecting my new eyes in both sun and clouds is extremely important.

Yesterday was Easter and I did nothing remotely Easter like. Except think about Easter candy (please send me some!!) and call my dad. I was never a huge Easter fan so my second Easter in Turkey wasn't difficult, I just missed my family.

Ok, enough writing for now, eyes are getting tired. I'll try to write more soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to call ME jerkface