Tuesday, March 4, 2008

In honor of St. Patrick

In honor of St. Patrick, I will be getting my green eyes lasered! I did my research, e-mailed my doctor several times, talked to a few friends who got it, and made my appointment. March 17 at 12:30! 13 days left of glasses! It's kind of hard to believe.

I'm gonna take 2 days off from work just to be sure. (Apparently I have 12 sick days so might as well make use of them!)

I finally bought a new couch yesterday! It's blue, converts into a bed, and has storage underneath. And I got an awesome handmade bookshelf from Izmir. Super cheap!

Spring is definitely here. Flowers are blooming, you can eat outside everywhere, and if you are a always hot American jackets are no longer necessary. However, Turks are still out in their wool sweaters and winter jackets as they will be until June. My body can just not handle that type of heat, and I despise sweating. But I have become a bit more tolerant of heat which is nice since the summer is rough here. Maybe this summer will be easier.

GO OBAMA!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say I love that I can now have your blogs e-mailed directly to me :)

Congratulations for deciding to have your eye surgery! I wish that I had the means right now to have that very operation myself.

And I imagine it's cooler here in Charleston than it is there -- which means you get to come visit, and we get to have Thai and good sushi.

I miss you. And I'm glad to know that you are doing well.

-- Evan

Anonymous said...

Send me your requests and a package will follow shortly. I promise this time. And an address that works.