Saturday, April 26, 2008

Week in Review

It was another week of barely working. However, it looks like this was the last week of barely working as my schedule for next week is a bit fuller and includes my favorite - Friday morning 8 a.m. lessons! Awesome.

Monday was excellent. It was pretty warm - maybe 75°F - and S and I had a nice breakfast outside near the water. We did some shopping and visited Yeni Cami, a mosque I had seen and walked past a million times but never actually went into.

Some interesting observations: A man wearing a kufi (a skull cap worn by the companions of Muhammed) ran out of the mosque to answer his cell phone. A 5 year old boy sitting next to me was playing with his toy machine gun while his mother was praying, shooting at people around him.

The weather was so strange this week. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (? don't remmeber) were hot (75°F-85°F) and sunny. Since Thursday, it's been "chilly" - in the 50s. Today it's rainy, dreary, and cold. But next week should be back to normal, in the 60s and sunny.

We desperately need rain though, or we are facing another summer of no water. I have about 8 jug of water stockpiled in my bathroom (had to use one last night). Which is worse, no electricity or no water?

I went for my check-up last weekend and my doctor said that my eyes were healing nicely and he sees no need for an enhancement at this time. So, that means my vision is perfect! To think, 5 weeks ago I couldn't read the computer screen without glasses and now I can see everything! I'll have another check-up in a few months to check again.

I'm looking for some new music recommendations. Anything. (Not rap). Please leave your suggestions in the comments or e-mail me.

I had a bunch of things I wanted to write about but I forgot. I guess I'll have to start keeping a list.

Oh, it seems that if I post a video or a link, you have to actually visit my website to view it - you cannot see it in your e-mail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why do you call him S? it bugs me