Tuesday, April 1, 2008

For the sake of the world

Please read this: "What Every American Should Know About the Middle East." While it by no means contains everything that you should know, it's got a good deal of basic information (differences between Muslim/Arab, Sunni/Shia, Muslim/Islam etc.) Do yourself a favor, do your country a favor, do the world a favor and EDUCATE yourself.

I've been considering a Masters degree in Middle East Studies or something like that basically so that I can educate people who don't know about the Middle East. People who are either misinformed, never had a chance to learn, or are ignorant.

My class was canceled, making the total number of hours I've taught this week 3 (it's Tuesday evening). And I saw 4 cats in a tree and 2 more getting ready to join them, super awesome. Please donate to my camera phone fund so I can document such awesomeness.

I feel like I'm getting sick. Trying to load up on Vitamin C and Airborne. I'm just gonna hang out on the couch tonight and do some work and maybe finish Lost Season 3.

OH and my Goal of the Month (GOTM) is to not eat candy (except I can cheat once a week if I want). This includes cookies and ice cream :( But I can eat these chocolate covered cardboard diet cookies if I want. They taste pretty awful so I usually only eat one at a time for the bit of chocolate. I never used to be a sweets person, so I'm trying to rid myself of this curse. Plus the fruit here is usually quite good so I should be enjoying that instead!

Please comment! It keeps me motivated to write!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why are you giving up candy? are your teeth starting to fall out?
if you got a degree in that who would you teach? you cant teach people in the middle east about the middle east so you would have to come home!!!!!!!