Friday, May 16, 2008

Cranky

I'm cranky.

My water turned brown WHILE I was showering. Complete with dirt particles. Awesome. It's still brown 10 hours later. So I can't wash the dirt off nor can I wash the growing pile of dishes nor can I make anything for dinner that involves water.

I locked myself out today. Couldn't even use my spare key since I left the key in the door inside my apartment. Paid 25 lira to get it out. It took the guy 2 seconds to do it. I should become a locksmith.

I took the wrong bus to Turkish class. The taxi driver didn't listen to my directions.

And I have 3 8am classes on my schedule now. Finishing at 8pm every night. I knew it was coming, but really 8am? Is that necessary? Can people actually learn at that hour? I am SO NOT a morning person.

Also one of the students starts on Monday at 8am which is a holiday for everyone else but my stupid school.

Ugh. Gonna lay on the couch and wait for "clean" water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um what happened to the non-complaining meagan?
i think that once one thing goes wrong in a day, a million other things go wrong. thats just how it works.
you should tell your students thats studies prove that people can retain more knowledge later in the day. just make them read for the first hour while you try to wake up.
gust

Meagan said...

non-complaining Meagan was a 1 month goal so it's over. i'm back to complaining but i def do it less.

the problem is that it's a 1-to-1 lesson! so it's just me and this lady from L'Oreal at 8am, twice a week. She better buy me coffee!!